1. How long will it take to repair my transmission?
The repairs are usually finished within two to three days on average.
2. How much will it cost?
Transmissions today are very complex. With computer controls, solenoids and so many unknown factors it is impossible to give an accurate answer to that question without an inspection.
3. Where is my transmission dipstick?
Depending on the make, model, and year of your vehicle, you may not even have one. Feel free to contact us at (631) 277-4433 for additional assistance.
4. How do I know if I have a transmission problem?
Most vehicles on the road today are computer controlled. Many will let you know through a check engine light or the overdrive light will flash. With all of the electronics in transmissions it may not be serious unless you ignore it, then it could become serious.
5. What color should my transmission fluid be?
Transmission fluid should be red. Any other color may indicate a problem.
6. What does a torque converter do?
A torque converter converts power from the engine to the transmission.
7. How often should I service my transmission?
Transmissions should be serviced at least once a year or every 20,000 miles.
8. What do I do if my vehicle is broken down and I can't drive it?
No worries - Sunrise Transmission offers free towing service for our customers. Please contact us today to arrange pick-up of your vehicle.